Ricotta Breakfast Cake
- 3-1/4 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 lb Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 3 cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Lemon rinds grated
- 2 Orange rinds grated
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups Ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a large Bundt pan well.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until very light and smooth. Add cream cheese and beat another 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar very slowly to the butter mixture and continue to mix until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture. Add vanilla and the lemon and orange rinds, mixing until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Taking turns, add small amounts of the flour mixture and then the ricotta cheese, mixing to incorporate. Pour batter into pan and bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and dust with powered sugar.
This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More