- 1/2 pound Crabmeat picked
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup fresh Mint leaves loosely packed
- 2 medium Summer Squash (yellow squash or zucchini)
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Garlic minced
- 12 ounces thick Spaghetti or bucatini
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil leaves loosely packed & cut in slivers
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper fresh, ground
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Combine the crab and jalapeno in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Chop half the mint and add to the crab. Mix well and set aside.
- Sliver the remaining mint and put in a second bowl. Trim the squash, then grate them using a large-holed grater, stopping short of the seedy core. Add the squash to the bowl with the slivered mint. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the vinegar, and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- When the water boils, add salt and the pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente (about 7 minutes). Just before the pasta is done, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated crab, the squash, and the slivered basil.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some pasta water. Add the pasta and about 2 tablespoons cooking water to the crab mixture. Heat everything together, tossing to mix well. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice and serve.
This recipe appeared in the Spring 2017 issue of Cape Cod HOME. It is from The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!