Spiced Butternut and Cranberry Quick Bread
- 3 1/3 cups Flour unbleached, all-purpose - plus more for the pan if needed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp Cloves ground
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 larger Eggs
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Butternut Squash slow-roasted - (packed, about 1 pound)
- 3 cups Cranberries fresh - (or blueberries)
- Heat oven to 325°. Spray three loaf pans (each about 8” x 4”) with baking spray (or lightly coat with butter and flour).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Whisk well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed until creamy and somewhat lightened in color, a full 2 minutes. Add the roasted squash and mix until combined. With the mixer running on low, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in the berries by hand. Transfer the mixture to the loaf pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake until a pick inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it, 55 to 70 minutes, depending on size of the loaf pans.
- Let the loaves cool completely on racks and then unmold them. Keep well wrapped at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More