Servings: 1 pie
- 1 Prepared pie crust 9 inch deep dish
- 3 whole Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 15 oz Eastham turnip cooked, mashed
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Beat well. Blend in the turnip, then add cream and beat well. Pour into pastry-lined pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. The pie is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
This delicious recipe, submitted by Geoffrey Antoine, who was the Grand Prize winner at the 2006 Turnip Cook-Off.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!