- 3 sticks Butter
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1-1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Rye flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Dried black currants
- You will need 2 clean, well-greased 1-lb. coffee cans with both ends removed.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Mix butter, brown sugar and molasses together in a mixer with a paddle attachment. Add in eggs one at time, beating well between each addition.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the egg/sugar mixture. Fold in currants.
- Place the coffee cans on a baking sheet lines with parchment paper and fill about three quarters of the way up. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes 2 loaves.
This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More