- 4-dozen Oysters on the half shell
- A handful Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Garlic finely chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup Shallots thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh Spinach
- 1 cup Cream Cheese softened
- 3 tbsp Pernod
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place fennel seeds in a dry pan on high heat and toss for 3 to 4 minutes or until the seeds are dark brown. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan on medium-low. Add garlic and shallots and sweat until translucent. Toss in spinach, and sauté for 2 minutes, or until it wilts. Deglaze the pan with Pernod. Add salt to taste. Meld the mixture with softened cream cheese. Arrange shucked oysters on a baking sheet or muffin pan and add one spoonful of the savory mixture to each. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese atop each oyster.
- Bake in preheated 450° oven 6 to 7 minutes, or broil under a medium flame until bubbling and golden brown.
This recipe is from Mac’s Seafood of Wellfleet and Provincetown • macsseafood.com This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!