Cranberry, Apricot & Ginger Scones with Orange Glaze
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 6 ounces Butter cut into pea-size pieces (set in freezer for a few minutes after cutting)
- 1 cup Orange Juice plus a splash for the glaze
- 1/4 cup fresh Ginger chopped
- 1/2 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup Dried Mediterranean apricots chopped small
- Powdered Sugar
- Egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking pad.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a food processor and give a whirl to mix at low speed. With the food processor running, add butter—a couple pieces at a time—and pulse until pea sized. Add the orange juice and pulse until the dough comes together loosely. Add the ginger, cranberries, and apricots and give a quick pulse.
- Move the dough to the counter and divide in half. Divide each half into eighths (One half can be frozen for later use). Place eighths on lined baking sheet and coat with an egg wash. (To prepare egg wash, beat an egg with a fork and add 2 tablespoons of water and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.) Bake 14 to 15 minutes.
- Remove scones from oven and make the glaze. Combine powdered sugar and a few drops of orange juice. Let scones cool for 5 minutes before glazing. Makes 16 scones.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More