Servings: 2 loaves
- 2 sticks Butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest grated
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice fresh
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Cranberries fresh
- Plum Jelly Beach - for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter two 9-inch loaf pans.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a handheld electric beater. Add the eggs and mix well. Gradually add the flour, salt and baking soda and combine. Add the creme fraiche, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla; mix. Fold in the chopped cranberries by hand.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake for about 1 hour, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaves cool for 20 minutes, then remove them from the pans and cool on racks. Serve with beach plum jelly.
This recipe is from Vineyard Harvest - a year of good food on martha's vineyard by Tina Miller. The cookbook is out of print but copies can still be found on Amazon. Tina is the managing partner/chef at Rosewater Market in Edgartown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!