- 2 sticks Butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest grated
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice fresh
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Cranberries fresh
- Plum Jelly Beach - for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter two 9-inch loaf pans.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer or with a handheld electric beater. Add the eggs and mix well. Gradually add the flour, salt and baking soda and combine. Add the creme fraiche, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla; mix. Fold in the chopped cranberries by hand.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and bake for about 1 hour, until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaves cool for 20 minutes, then remove them from the pans and cool on racks. Serve with beach plum jelly.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More