- 2 cups Fresh cranberries
- 3 cups Water
- Light cream or milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Farina or cream of wheat (not instant)
- In a saucepan, put cranberries and water to boil until the berries pop and the juice is a nice red color. Strain.
- Add sugar and Farina to the juice. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring to keep from sticking, about 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then beat with a mixer until pink and fluffy.
- The key is to wait until cool before beating, or it won’t fluff up enough. Serve with light cream or milk poured over it.
This recipe is from A Cookery & Memories from Old Bourne cookbook published by The Bourne Society for Historic Preservation. It also appeared in the 2015 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!