Crème Fraiche Caramelized Leek Tartlet with Smoked Gouda and Topped with Seared Bay Scallops
Servings: 15 tartlets
- 1 package of 15 mini frozen phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1/4 cup Smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 Leek white part only, finely diced
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 15 small bay scallops
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute leek in olive oil. Drain oil and set leek aside. In a bowl combine Gouda, creme fraiche, egg, leek, salt and pepper. Fill phyllo cups with mixture and set aside.
- In olive oil, sear both sides of scallops for 2 minutes. Top each filled phyllo cup with a scallop. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
This recipe is from Eat Your Heart Out Catering at 79R Davis Straits in Falmouth and also appeared in the 2011 Summer issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!