Grilled Scallops with Lobster Basil Cream Sauce
- 5 fresh sea scallops
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Sherry
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 claws Lobster meat cooked
- 1 cup Fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp fresh basil chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika light dusting
- Sauté garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet over medium heat until translucent. Deglaze the pan with sherry. Add heavy cream and simmer on low for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil. Add lobster meat, spinach and basil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to heat the lobster. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Season scallops with salt, pepper and paprika. Grill or pan sear scallops in 3 tablespoons of olive oil for 3 minutes, or longer depending on the size of the scallop, on each side.
- Spoon sauce on plate and arrange scallops on rim of plate. Take spinach out of sauce and place in the center of the scallops and top with lobster claws. Drizzle with sauce. You may have extra sauce.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More