Hokum Rock Farm’s Blueberry Buckle
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Shortening
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Blueberries
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour 9-inch square pan.
- Wash and drain berries and set aside.
- In large bowl mix sugar, shortening (4 tablespoons soft butter can be substituted), and egg thoroughly.
- Stir in milk.
- In small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix into large bowl with other ingredients. Blend in berries carefully.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- To prepare topping, cube butter, then mix in other ingredients. To achieve desired consistency and taste, add a touch more sugar or flour while mixing. Dab, sprinkle, or spread (depending on consistency) over berry mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. When cooled, cut into 3-inch squares.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More