- 1/2 cup Millet
- 1/2 cup Wheat bran
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Oats
- 2 cups Hot water
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 30.5 oz. Water lukewarm
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 lbs. all-purpose flour (about 8 cups)
- 2 lbs. Whole wheat flour (about 7 cups)
- 6 tbsp Salt
- Combine the soaker ingredients and allow to cool. Combine the yeast mixture ingredients. Add the soaker and yeast mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix for about 5 minutes. Place ingredients in an oiled bowl and cover. Allow to rise for 1 hour. Turn the dough out and cut into 3 loaves.
- Shape each into boules (rounds) but you can also use bread pans if you like. (If you use bread pans, oil and dust with flour.) Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 450° for 40 - 45 minutes until you tap on the bottom and bread sounds hollow.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More