Orange Cardamom Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Orange extract
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- zest of one Orange
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 3 cups Flour plus more for rolling surface
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl, then cream for another minute. Add egg, orange extract, orange zest, and heavy cream. Beat until well combined (about 20 seconds), scrape bowl, and beat for another 15 to 20 seconds. Sift together flour, cardamom, and baking powder. Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time to creamed butter mixture. Mix thoroughly after each addition. The dough will be stiff.
- Divide dough into 2 balls. Wrap 1 ball in plastic until ready to use. Divide remaining ball in half. Flour surface and roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Lightly flour dough as needed to prevent sticking. Flour cutters before cutting. Add dough scraps to other half of dough ball. Repeat the process of adding scraps to remaining dough portions.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, until edges of cookies begin to lightly brown. Let cookies rest on sheet until ready to eat. Yield: 3 dozen 2-inch cookies.
This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More