- 1 liter dry red wine such as Merlot or Syrah
- 6 ounces Cachaça, a Brazilian Liquor
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 3 cups Sugar
- Peel of an orange
- 3 inch piece Ginger peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 Gala apples unpeeled and cut in cubes
- 3 tsp Whole cloves
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- Boil all ingredients until apple is soft. Remove the cinnamon sticks, ginger, and cloves. Leave the apples in the wine. Garnish with an orange slice or orange peel and cinnamon stick. Serve as a hot drink before dinner.
This recipe is courtesy of The Brazilian Grill at 680 Main Street in Hyannis and it also appeared in the 2013 Winter issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!