Slow Roasted Pork to Make Pork Burritos and Cuban Sandwiches
The Corner Store of Chatham offered these recipes for a delicious autumn lunch. The recipes are:
Slow Roasted Pork to Make Pork Burritos and Cuban Sandwiches (recipe below)
Butternut Apple Bisque
Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 6 lb. Pork shoulder (Boston Butt) Untrimmed
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp Mild chili powder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 Carrots peeled and large chop
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 3 stalks Celery cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 large Spanish onion peeled and quartered
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
For Pork Burrito:
- Warm flour tortilla
- Slow roasted pork
- Rice & beans your choice
- Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Slow roasted pork
- 3 slices Black forest ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Dill pickle thinly sliced
- 1 Ciabatta roll
- In a small bowl, combine the spice blend ingredients. Rub pork butt evenly with spice blend. Be sure to get into all creases and crevices. Let rest overnight in refrigerator.
- On high heat, sear meat on all sides in oils in a large Dutch oven until browned. Remove meat and add aromatic vegetables, cook until they become translucent and color develops. Deglaze pan with Marsala wine and scrape bottom of pan to remove any bits. Return to a simmer and add seared pork along with the bay leaf. Place one piece of parchment paper and one piece of foil on top of Dutch oven, and cover with lid. Roast for 2 ½ to 3 hours at 325°F double wrapped with parchment and foil. Remove Dutch oven from oven and carefully take pork out of pot and place on a baking sheet. Discard remaining contents of Dutch oven. Pork should be falling apart. When cool shred the pork with two forks, removing any large sections of fat that have not melted away.
For Pork Burrito:
- Fill a warm flour tortilla with the above ingredients or your favorite burrito fillings.
- Slater bottom half of roll with Dijon mustard and the top half with mayonnaise. Top with pork, ham, pickles and cheese. Brush outside of filled roll with olive oil and grill until cheese is melted.
- The roasted pork will make 16 Cuban sandwiches or 16 burritos.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More