Servings: 2 loaves
- 6 Hard boiled eggs chilled and chopped
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese grated
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp shallot diced
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs. Titi (baby) shrimp or large shrimp, chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs. Crab meat (imitation crab can be used)
- 8 oz. Lobster meat (claw & knuckle meat is fine) chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs. Sour cream
- 4 cups Breadcrumbs
- Puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix all ingredients. The mixture should be moist but able to hold its shape when formed into a roll. Wrap roll in puff pastry, seal, aerate (poke holes in top of strudel with fork tines), and brush with egg wash. Bake in hot oven until golden brown. Serve with Hollandaise or Newburg sauce.
- This recipe makes two large loafs of strudel. If only smaller puff pastry is available, recipe will make several loafs. Prepared strudels can be frozen. Defrost before cooking.
Jennifer Dow, our Creative Director, learned this recipe from her father, Jim, who previously owned a local restaurant. This recipe also appeared in the 2013 Cape Cod LIFE Annual Guide.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!