- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Shallots chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves left whole
- 5 cups Fresh shucked peas or frozen peas if fresh are not available
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Creme Fraiche or sour cream
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Once butter has melted, add shallots and garlic and cook until soft, but not brown, for about 10 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt. Add the chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add peas and season with salt again. Cook peas for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the mint and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove the bay leaf and blend with a blender or immersion blender until smooth, adding a little more chicken broth if the soup seems too thick.
- Serve immediately with a spoonful of crème fraiche or sour cream in the center of the bowl. Serves 4.
This recipe is from Brant Point Grill at White Elephant, 50 Easton Street, Nantucket • whiteelephanthotel.com This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!