- 1-1/2 Bartlett’s Farm Tomatoes
- 1 Bartlett’s Farm Cucumber peeled and seeded
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch Bartlett’s Farm organically grown basil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tomato large
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/4 cup Red Onion sliced
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Scallions sliced
- 2 tbsp Chives chopped
- Combine all ingredients except the salt and pepper in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. If vinaigrette is too thick, add a little more red wine vinegar and a little water. Season with salt and pepper. Chill immediately.
- Chop and place the salad ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir vinaigrette before using. Add 4 portions of salad greens to the salad bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Adding crumbled goat cheese is a nice addition to this salad. Serves 4 to 6.
This recipe is from Bartlett’s Farm, 33 Bartlett Farm Road, Nantucket • bartlettsfarm.com This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!