Stuffed French Toast
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream or half & half
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Cottage cheese or mascarpone
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Jam (strawberry, blueberry, orange, or raspberry)
- 6 slices Bread (1 inch thick) of challah, brioche, sour dough, or Texas toast, preferably a day old
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and jam until smooth and without large lumps.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spray a large grill or non-stick skillet with cooking spray or shortening of choice. Carefully dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture until moistened. Then place the bread on the grill or skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side until outside is golden brown and center is warm.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture in the center of one slice and spread around to the edges. Cover each prepared slice with another slice to make a “sandwich.” Turn the “sandwich” over and brown the other side for one more minute.
- Place on warmed serving plates. Add butter and syrup to taste.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More