Servings: 3 servings
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream or half & half
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- pinch Nutmeg
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Cottage cheese or mascarpone
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Jam (strawberry, blueberry, orange, or raspberry)
- 6 slices Bread (1 inch thick) of challah, brioche, sour dough, or Texas toast, preferably a day old
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and jam until smooth and without large lumps.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spray a large grill or non-stick skillet with cooking spray or shortening of choice. Carefully dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture until moistened. Then place the bread on the grill or skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side until outside is golden brown and center is warm.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture in the center of one slice and spread around to the edges. Cover each prepared slice with another slice to make a “sandwich.” Turn the “sandwich” over and brown the other side for one more minute.
- Place on warmed serving plates. Add butter and syrup to taste.
Recipe is courtesy of Dino’s Grille at 561 Main Street (Route 28) in Harwich Port and also appeared in the 2013 Early Summer issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!