Traditional Cape Cod Linguisa Stuffed Quahogs
- 12 - 15 lbs. local hard shell chowder quahogs (will yield about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds of meat)
- 1 stick Salted butter
- 1 ounce Garlic minced
- 1/2 lb. Linguica chopped
- 1/4 lb. White onions diced
- 1/3 tbsp Dry hot red crushed pepper
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 lbs. Day old Portuguese style bread
- about 4 cups Quahog broth
- Steam quahogs until they are open and reserve broth for later use. Remove quahog meat from shells and grind meat. Save shells.
- Sauté butter, garlic, linguisa, onions and crushed hot pepper.
- Chop bread into shredded stuffing type crumbs with a food processor.
- Add broth and quahog meat to sautéed mixture. Mix together and then add to breadcrumbs. Fold together. Add more broth if needed. Place quahog stuffing mixture into shells.
- Bake at 350° on cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes and enjoy one of Cape Cod’s finest delicacies.
Recipe courtesy of Chad’s Stuffed Quahogs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.